Pumpkin Spice Latte2018-11-12
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 5m
- Ready In : 10m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
19 people rated this recipe
Feel the fall & holiday season while sipping this perfect homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte. It is easy and tastes really great with very less effort. This is a simple recipe with NO artificial flavoring, NO added color or preservatives.
It is Light & healthy homemade Pumpkin Spice Coffee. It tastes similar to the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte, but I personally like this better. I like it light (low on fat) without whipped cream and healthier too. Making your own customized coffee at home will save you money and make you feel great. You have more control over the ingredients while making it home; especially the sugar level, cream, fat content. You can easily tweak the recipe to your liking.
- 2 tablespoons – Pumpkin Puree, canned or homemade
- ½ teaspoon – Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice, click to see recipe
- 1 ½ tablespoon -Brown Sugar
- ½ cup – Strong Freshly Brewed Expresso Coffee
- 1 cups – Skimmed Milk
- 2 tablespoons – Vanilla Extract
In a small saucepan; add the pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice mix, sugar, and milk. Whisk everything well and warm the mixture stirring it continuously.
Add vanilla extract to the warm milk, stirring often and watching carefully to make sure it doesn't boil over. (Turn off the flame once you see small bubbles at the edges of the milk)
Strain the milk using a sieve and discard the pulp in the strainer.
Carefully process the milk mixture with a hand blender or milk frother or a Vitamix until frothy and blended. (Optional step, though personally, I do not prefer froth)
Make freshly brewed espresso and divide between 2 mugs. Now, add the frothed milk over the coffee.
Top with a sprinkle of homemade pumpkin spice mix. Enjoy!
- Milk Fat: Personally, I prefer 2% fat milk but you can use whole milk.
- Vegan: Replace dairy milk with any plant-based milk, like almond, soy, cashew or coconut milk.
- Topping: Garnish it with more spice mix or sweetened whipped cream with the spice mix. Get homemade Whipped Cream Recipe
- Sugar Substitute: Honey, maple syrup or condensed milk, in fact, condense milk tastes amazing just like a Starbucks coffee.
- Vanilla: By adding 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract, it makes latte taste exactly the same as a coffee shop. Usually, coffee shops use a lot of vanilla and sweet syrups to boost the flavoring. You can add vanilla according to your taste preference.