Blueberry Brownie Mousse2018-07-18
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 10m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
15 people rated this recipe
Impress your guest with this Blueberry Brownie Mousse dessert. This dessert is creamy, rich, has texture and the flavors bursts in the mouth. You can layer-up this purplish-blue beautiful looking dessert in no-time like a professional. The best thing about this dessert is you can layer it up with your favorite fresh seasonal fruits like mix-berries, peaches, strawberry, cherries etc. This dessert can be a Vegan Dessert too (Check the alternative method below)
- 1 ½ cup – Fresh Blueberries Sauce – Get Blueberry Compote recipe
- 1 cup – Freshly Whipped Cream (Dairy or Vegan) – Click to read the recipe
- Brownies (Store bought or left-over homemade chocolate cake), cut into bite-size pieces or cut into rounds shapes that fit the serving cups
Blueberry Mousse: In a cup of cold whipped cream add 1 cup of blueberry sauce and gently whisk /fold it well in single direction keeping it light and airy. (You can store this mousse in the refrigerator until ready to layer the dessert). Note: Keep ½ cup Blueberry compote aside for later use.
Layering the Dessert: In a big truffle bowl / individual serving cups, layer brownie pieces at the bottom of each serving bowls and then layer it with a spoonful of blueberry compote. Now add a generously thick layer of Blueberry Mousse.
Repeat the layers – Brownie pieces, blueberry sauce, and blueberry mousse. Finally, garnish each bowl with some more Blueberry Compote.
Refrigerate this dessert at least for 3-4 hours before serving. Enjoy!!
- Vegan: Use coconut cream instead of dairy whipped cream. Fresh coconut whipped cream tastes even better. Alternatively, use thick cashew paste along with coconut whipped cream for a richer and better texture.
- Fruits: You can layer up this dessert with any fresh or frozen fruits. (Mix-berries dessert tastes the best!) You can make this using my Strawberry Compote recipe.
- Brownie Substitute: You can use any leftover cakes/muffins or cookies or graham crackers.