DIY: All-Natural Neem Toothpaste2020-06-29
- Prep Time : 5m
- Ready In : 5m
Average Member Rating
(4.9 / 5)
30 people rated this recipe
We all have heard a lot about harmful chemicals in toothpaste which affects the health of our teeth and gums as well as our general health. There are only side-effects of using this chemically loaded toothpaste like damages enamel, bleeding gum etc.
Growing up I have seen/used traditional remedies to keep my mouth clean but somehow I joined the fashion of using harmful toothpaste tubes.
Mother Nature has provided us so many plants/herbs to cure and heal our body on daily bases. One of my favourite plants is Neem. Neem sticks were traditionally used for oral care particularly in India. We used to chew a neem stick and feel fresh and healthy. Here is my version all-natural, aromatic and totally safe option for teeth cleaning.
It is an easy recipe which requires a few simple ingredient mixtures and homemade toothpaste is ready.
- 5 tablespoon – Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (Cold-Pressed)
- 3 tablespoon – Neem Powder
- 1 tablespoon – Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tablespoon – Clove Powder
- 1 tablespoon – Baking Soda
- ½ tablespoon – Himalayan Pink Salt
- Few drops of essential oil, (I personally don’t use any oil)
In a bowl, mix above measured dry powder really well.
Add coconut oil to dry powder and mix well to make a smooth & thick pouring consistency paste. Toothpaste is now ready.
Use this toothpaste on a regular toothbrush. Brush teeth gently for a minute, wash your mouth. Repeat this one more time by adding some more toothpaste, brushing teeth and then thoroughly cleaning your mouth. Don’t forget to clean your tongue using a tongue scraper
Enjoy your morning with clean teeth and fresh smelling breath/mouth.
- This neem toothpaste is very bitter but has countless health benefits.
- Initially, you can make yourself comfortable by brushing your teeth with this Neem toothpaste once a day before bed time. Then gradually start using twice a day – morning and bed time.
- You can also combine Oil-Pulling before brushing your teeth. Use 1 spoon of organic cold pressed coconut oil, swish in your mouth for about 5-10 minutes.
- It is also advisable to clean your tongue before oil-pulling and brushing teeth.
- You morning routine should look like:- Cleaning tongue, then oil-pulling and then brushing teeth with neem toothpaste.