Broccoli Almond Soup2018-01-10
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 15m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
15 people rated this recipe
This Broccoli Almond Soup is very smooth, creamy, rich and hearty. This soup tastes amazing good and is healthy too. Here is my version of a fresh blended broccoli and Almond soup that can be used as the centerpiece of a casual meal or at an elegant dinner party. It is ideal soup for vegans too.
This is a very simple & quick soup for people on-the-go, yet very healthy and is rich in Vitamin E, Vitamin B6, high-quality Protein, healthy unsaturated fatty acids, Dietary Fiber, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium and other minerals etc.
- 1 head – broccoli, roughly chopped (Use broccoli florets with stalks)
- ½ cup – Whole blanched almonds
- 1 – Clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups – Water or Vegetable Stock
- ¼ cup – Milk, optional
- Sea salt to taste
- Pepper for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon – Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese, optional
- 1 teaspoon – Olive Oil, optional
In a pot of boiling water, add chopped broccoli, minced garlic and salt. Let it cook for about 5 minutes or until the broccoli becomes fork tender. Do not cook longer or it will lose its green colour.
Keep some cooked broccoli florets aside for later use.
Immediately blend the broccoli along with water and blanched almonds. Blend it well to a smooth puree using Vitamix. Alternatively, hand blender, regular blender or food processors can be used to puree the soup.
Now add more seasonings like salt, pepper or herbs. Also add reserved broccoli florets for extra crunch
You can serve this hot soup directly or store it for later use. While re-heating you can add milk to balance the consistency.
Serve this creamy soup hot with some Olive oil or Parmesan cheese or sour cream on top.
- For Vegans: You can garnish the soup with Olive oil on top instead of cheese. Add more water and almonds instead of milk
- Blend the cooked broccoli with boiling water immediately for a creamy texture.