Kesar Pista Badam Milkshake2018-11-30
- Servings : 2 Glasses
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
16 people rated this recipe
This traditional Indian Kesar Pista Badam Milk is loaded with the goodness of saffron and nuts. This vibrant golden warm drink is a treat to sip on cold winter day/night. It is a rejuvenating and flavourful drink which tastes delicious with crunchy nuts and creamy milk.
This Kesar Pista Milk makes me forget that I hate drinking milk. The combination of aromatic Kesar / Ilaichi and nuts create a magic that I can literally enjoy a glass full of Milk. This is a perfectly refreshing and healthy milk recipe for kids too.
This is an easy and quick recipe to make at home. You can enjoy this milkshake all season- Cold Milkshake for hot days and Warm Milk on chilled nights.
All these ingredients – Saffron, Almond, Pistachio and Cardamom have many medicinal properties and enriched in nutrients. A glass full of this milk is very satisfying, filling and gives an instant energy boost to keep you going for hours.
- 2 ½ cup – Milk
- 2 pinch – Saffron Strands (Approx. 10-15 strands)
- 10 – Roasted Almonds, Slivered
- 10 – Roasted Pistachio, Slivered
- 1 teaspoon – Cardamom Powder
- 3 teaspoon – Sugar or Honey
In a pot, boil milk, sugar and saffron strands together; stirring it occasionally. Once the milk comes to a rolling boil lower the flame and let it simmer/boil for 5-8 minutes.
Pour this hot golden milk in a cup, add a pinch of cardamom powder, sliced almonds & pistachios and stir it.
Nutritious Saffron Pistachio-Almond milk is ready to enjoy!
- Milk Fat Level: You can use whole milk, low-fat, 2% or your preference.
- Vegan: Replace dairy milk with full-fat Almond milk and it will taste amazingly delicious. Avoid using coconut or soya milk.
- Hot & Cold: You can serve this milk both hot and cold. Serve it warm during the winter season and chilled for hot summer days.