Nutella (Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread)2018-12-04
- Servings : 2 Cups
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 10m
Average Member Rating
(4.8 / 5)
26 people rated this recipe
This vegan and gluten-free Chocolate Hazelnut Spread is made with just a few simple ingredients. Homemade Nutella is healthy and ridiculously delicious. I am completely obsessed with this irresistible nutty, smooth, creamy, rich and perfectly sweet Hazelnut spread.
Making this dreamy homemade Nutella is simple and quick. Why buy a jar and waste money on store-bought Nutella bottle which is loaded with sugar & unwanted ingredients. Trust me, homemade Chocolaty Hazelnut spread tastes much better than ready bottles. You can make it richer and chocolaty by adjusting cacao and can have better control over sugar level.
This recipe can be easy and faster if you use a high-speed food processor/blender like Vitamix or Cuisinart as most of the hard work is done by the machine
- 2 cups – Roasted Hazelnuts, Unsalted (Also known as Filberts)
- 1/3 cup – Confectioners’ Sugar or Honey
- 1/4 cup – Cacao Powder
- 1 tablespoon – Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon – Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon – Salt
Roasting Hazelnuts: Toast the hazelnuts in a small skillet on the stove top over medium heat. Toast for about 5-10 minutes or until they are fragrant and begin to brown. Be careful not to burn them. Turn off the flame.
Removing the Skins: It is easy to remove the hazelnut skin while nuts are still warm. Pour these hot nuts into a clean kitchen towel, wrap up the towel and vigorously rub the nuts all together to loosen and remove the skin.
Making Nutella: Add the roasted hazelnut and blend it until it is fine and starts releasing oil.
Open the blender and scrap the sides. Add remaining items – sugar, Cacao/honey, vanilla, salt and coconut oil. Cover the lid and blend it until smooth and silky consistency. Taste for sweetness and chocolaty flavour to adjust it.
Enjoy this homemade Chocolaty Hazelnut Spread with a fruits, toast, dessert or spoonful by itself!
- Chocolaty: Alternatively, you can melt vegan dark chocolate and add for that extra creamy chocolaty flavor
- Oil Substitute: You can use almond, hazelnut, walnut, sunflower oil. Avoid using Olive oil, peanut, Soya or Sesame oil which has a strong flavor. You can also make this spread without adding any extra oil but you might need to add vegan milk to adjust the consistency of the spread.
- Storage: Store this homemade Nutella in a Mason jar at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. Or store the bottle in the refrigerator for up to few months.