Pranic Healing Juice2021-01-05
- Servings : 2 Glasses
- Prep Time : 10m
- Ready In : 5m
Average Member Rating
(4.9 / 5)
33 people rated this recipe
This detox juice recipe is very simple yet very powerful. This juice is made with one ingredient ~ Winter Melon.
Winter Melon, also known as (Ash Gourd or Petha in India) or Wax Gourd or White Gourd. Incorporating ash gourd or winter melon, into your diet is a simple way to make your body more alkaline. Ash gourd is one of the most naturally energizing foods due to its high quotient of what yogic science refers to as “prana”, or vital life energy. This juice is a powerful energy booster & hydrating juice. This juice should not be consumed more than 200ml/person, can also dilute it with water.
Ash gourd is low in calories, fat, carbs, and protein. Yet, it’s rich in vitamin, minerals, fiber and antioxidants that are believed to promote your health and help protect your body from disease.
Some of the health benefits of Winter Melon (Petha/Ash Gourd):
- Detoxifies the body, eliminates free radicals
- Helps in digestion & prevents constipation
- Boosts immunity
- Helps in weight loss
- Boosts vision / Eye health
- Improves cognitive function
- Protects the heart
- Stimulates growth and development
- Increases energy levels
- Winter Melons are good for kidney problems and diabetic patients
- Supports healthy skin
Friends living in North-America can find winter melon at Asian Grocery Stores.
- 5 inch sized – Ash gourd piece (Will make up to 200 ml)
- 2 – Indian Gooseberry (Amla), Optional
- ¼ cup – Coriander leaves (Optional, cilantro is helpful Thyroid functioning)
- 1 TBSP – Curry leaves (Optional, curry leave helps with iron levels)
Cut winter melon, remove the skin and seeds
There are two ways to juice it –
1. Using a cold-press Omega juicer – add the cut winter melon into the juicer
2. Blender – Add the cut winter melon to a blending jar along with ¼ cup of water and blend to a smooth puree. Strain the puree and the juice is ready.
Enjoy this fresh winter melon juice immediately.