3 Flavor Cookies – Pistachio, Coconut & Chocolate Chips2018-11-29
- Servings : 24 Biscuits
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 20m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
14 people rated this recipe
Healthy wheat cookies baked with 3 variations – Pistachio, Coconut, and Chocolate chips. This cookie recipe is egg-free and refined flour free which is easy to bake at home. These cookies are soft, crunchy, light and melt in the mouth. You can bake these cookies in large batches with different flavors. These sweet and crunchy cookies are kids Approved! You can pack these healthy yet delicious cookies in kids snack box.
It is easy to customize this cookie with your personal favorite flavor. You can bake these cookies to achieve your preferred texture like Soft & Chewy or Thin & Crispy. My family loves crispy cookies with all sorts of flavors like – mixed nuts, peanut butter, chocolate, coconuts, raisins, pumpkin mixed spices, sugar cookies etc.
It can be a perfectly delicious giveaway this festival season. Happy Baking!
Ingredients for Cookie Dough:
- 1+ ¼ cup – Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ cup – White Sugar
- 1/3 cup – Unsalted Butter, soft room temperature
- ½ teaspoon – Baking Powder
- A Pinch of Salt
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- ¼ cup – Dark Chocolate Chips
Ingredients for Pistachio Cookie:
- ¼ cup – Pistachio, Roasted and silvered
- 1 teaspoon – Cardamom Powder
Ingredients for Coconut Cookie:
- ¼ cup – Desiccated Coconut, unsweetened
In a big mixing bowl, cream softened butter and sugar together with help of a hand blender or whisk till creamy and light.
Add wheat flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Gently start kneading the dough with hands until everything combines to make a big ball. Use extra dry flour if dough becomes very soft and sticky.
Divide the above dough into three big balls to create 3 variations. Now add chocolate chips to first dough and knead well. Add pistachios and cardamom powder to second cookie dough and combine. Add coconut to third cookie dough and mix well like shown in photo.
Cover 3-cookie doughs with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare the baking tray with parchment paper lined on it. Turn on the oven to pre-heat at about 180C/350F
Start rolling the dough with help of rolling pin. Roll to the thickness of around ½ centimetre or desired thickness
Once the dough is rolled evenly it is time to cut the cookies with the help of cookie cutter (I have used round & heart shaped cutter, you can use any size and shape). Repeat the above step for the remaining cookie dough.
Once all the biscuits are done place them on the baking tray with a parchment paper keeping enough distance between the biscuits. Garnish each cookie with more chocolate chips, pistachios and coconuts flakes at the top. Note: These cookies will need more space to bake though i did not give them enough 🙁
Bake these cookies in the oven at 180C/350F for about 20 minutes or till the biscuit starts to change its color.
Turn off the oven and take out the baking tray with cookies. Let the cookies sit in the tray for 5 minutes and then gently transfer cookies on cooling track. Let them cool down completely.
Healthy & delicious 3-flavour cookies are ready to be served with hot milk/coffee/tea. Enjoy!
Tips & Tricks:
- Butter: Use softened room temperature butter only. It is easier to cream sugar and soft butter
- Dough: Refrigerate cookie dough for 20-30 minutes if dough becomes very soft and sticky
- Bake: Keep a close eye on cookies when in the oven to avoid it from burning. Once cookies are out of the oven; allow the cookies to rest for around 5 minutes on baking tray. Then one by one remove and place them on a cooling rack and let it cool down completely before storing it. These help cookies to retain the crunch and lasts longer.