- Servings : 2 Cups
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 5m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
19 people rated this recipe
This quick and easy pesto recipe is vegan and healthy. It is rich, creamy, zesty and flavourful despite being dairy-free and gets ready in just a few minutes.
I harvested most of my basil leaves that I grow in the summer and decided to make this Simple Fresh Vegan Pesto. It’s the perfect plant-based sauce/spread and tastes amazing on pasta, bread, sandwiches, salad dressing and more.
Made with natural ingredients and have not used any cheese substitutes or artificial coloring/ flavoring. If you’re not vegan or dairy-intolerant click here for a traditional recipe
- 2 cups packed – Fresh Basil Leaves, washed and dried
- ¼ cup – Pine Nuts & Walnuts mixed
- 2 tablespoon – Grounded Almond / Almond Flour
- 1 tablespoon – Hemp Seeds
- 2 tablespoon – Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 clove – Garlic
- 2 tablespoon – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt to taste (approx. ½ to 1 teaspoon)
- ½ teaspoon – Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
In a food processor or a blender, add Basil, nuts, salt, pepper, lemon juice, garlic, and hemp seeds. Cover & pulse until ingredients are finely grinded.
Open the lid, add almond flour and scrape down sides as needed. Cover the main lid and open the small spout; now add olive oil a little at a time (Streaming in while the machine is on and grinding). Process until smooth paste and the desired consistency is reached.
Taste and adjust flavor as needed (add more salt, pepper or lemon for acidity).
Store it in an airtight container and keep it in refrigerator up to 1 week.
Enjoy this fresh Pesto with pasta, salad or bread.
- Traditional Recipe: You could replace the hemp seeds, almond flour or nutritional yeast with 2 tablespoons of grated organic Parmesan cheese.
- Storage/Freezing: Make Pesto in bulk and pour Pesto in ice-cube moulds and freeze it to for easy use.
- Green Color: Add Olive oil at the top of this sauce which will help in maintaining the green color if storing it for longer time or freezing it