Restaurant Style Kadai Paneer2018-02-22
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
15 people rated this recipe
This is a mouth-watering thick aromatic paneer curry. Kadhai Paneer is an easy cottage cheese recipe which calls for a very few ingredients which might be readily available in any Indian home kitchen. This Restaurant style kadai paneer recipe can be easily made at home without spending hours. This is on my “Go-to Recipe Menu” when am entertaining guests. To make it taste like a restaurant does not necessarily mean adding more oil and masalas. This is a healthier version of my paneer recipe yet very delicious and finger licking curry.
Ingredients – Dry Spices for Kadai Masala
- 2 whole red chilies
- 1 teaspoon – Fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon –Cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoon – Coriander seeds
- ½ teaspoon – Black peppercorns
Ingredients – For Curry
- 1 teaspoon (or less) – Oil
- 1 – whole red chili (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon- Coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon – Cumin-Coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon – Ginger Paste
- 200-250 grams – Fresh Paneer, cubed
- 6 – Tomatoes, finely chopped
- ¼ cup – Onion, diced
- ¼ cup – Green bell peppers, diced
- 1 teaspoon – Garam Masala (optional)
- 1 teaspoon – Kasuri Methi (dried Fenugreek leaves powder)
- For garnishing: Fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
Preparing Dry Kadai Masala - In a pan, try roast all the dry spices until light brown or fragrant. Note: Do not over roast or burn it.
Let roast spices cool down and then grind it to a coarse powder. Keep it aside for later use
Preparing Curry - Heat oil in a pan; add dried whole red chilli, cumin seeds and; coriander seeds. Sauté until brown
Now add finely chopped tomatoes and salt. Cook it for 2-3 minutes, stirring in between.
Add cumin-coriander powder, chilli powder, ginger paste and 1 tbsp of kadai masala powder (reserve rest for later). Mix well and cook for another 3 minutes stirring in between or until oil separates. Tomatoes will become mushy and pulpy.
Add onions, bell pepper and; paneer pieces. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Then add rest of kadhai masala, garam masala and; kasuri methi. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes. It is ready to plate
Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves. Serve this restaurant style Kadai Paneer hot with rice or roti/parathas.
Vegan: You can easily make this dish vegan by substituting paneer with firm Tofu