Fruit and Nut Chia Pudding Breakfast Bowl2018-03-05
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 60m
- Ready In : 5m
Average Member Rating
(4.6 / 5)
10 people rated this recipe
I strongly believe that the healthiest meal of the day should be breakfast. This fruit and nut chia pudding breakfast bowl is a nutritional powerhouse. This breakfast is layered with deliciously fresh fruits, chia, nuts, and granola to boost your energy. This is an easy vegan breakfast which requires no cooking. Yes, you heard it right! No cooking needed, just add few ingredients, stir, sit and enjoy. This is on my favorite “on-the-go breakfast” menu as this can be prepared in advance and refrigerated.
It has a perfect balance of taste, creamy-crunchy texture, and nutrition. Chia seeds and nuts are packed with Omega, antioxidants, calcium, fiber, and protein. Whereas, we all know eating fruits in the morning is the best start. Who doesn’t love this dessert goodness for breakfast?
- 1 cup – Coconut Milk, unsweetened (Homemade or Store bought)
- ¼ cup – Chia Seeds
- 1 cup – Fresh Fruits, diced (Your choice of Fruits)
I have used 1 small sized – Apple, Clementine, Sungold Kiwi, Grapes and Banana
- ½ cup – Homemade Granola – Get the Granola recipe
- 8 pieces – Roasted Almonds
- 20 pieces – Raisins
- 1 tablespoon – Walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoon – Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 teaspoon – Cinnamon Powder
- 1 teaspoon – Honey or Maple Syrup (Optional)
Preparing Chia Pudding Mixture – In a large bowl, stir together the coconut milk, chia seeds, and cinnamon powder. Cover this and let it set aside for one hour, chia seeds will swell up, absorb the milk and look like a thick pudding base. Alternatively, you can also refrigerate this overnight and use it next day morning.
Now, let’s layer up the breakfast pudding – In a cereal bowl or Mason jar, arrange the fruits at the bottom, and top it up with chia pudding mixture, then nuts and granola. Repeat this again, layer fruits, chia mixture, nuts and granola.
Garnish with some more chai pudding, raisins and pumpkin seeds. And the breakfast is ready to dig in. Enjoy!
- Variations: You can try a different variation using your choice of fruits, nuts, and seeds.
- Sweetness Option: I do not prefer adding sugar or honey to my breakfast. Instead, I prefer to add a ripe banana or 2 dates
- You can prepare this night before, layer the pudding in a mason jar and refrigerate. Breakfast is ready to go
- Milk Variation: You can use cow milk, dairy-free milk like Almond or soya milk.
- Fruit Combination: I personally prefer one sweet fruit and one sour fruit. Example Banana and Green Apple, Raspberries or Banana, Pomegranate and Orange. You can mix-match your choice of fruit which is readily available in your kitchen